Are You a Conspiracy Theorist? Take The Test
By Dan Geddes
Are you a conspiracy theorist? Please take this self-test.
The internet has aided the spread of conspiracy theories. If you read a lot of internet news, you may have an unwittingly become a “conspiracy theorist.”
In the pursuit of objectivity, we attempt not to endorse nor mock any particular theories.
Please check the box of the answer that you feel best answers the question.
Question: Which of the following best describes how the world works?
1. Stuff happens.
2. Money makes the world go round. Rich people have more power to influence events than other people.
3. Nothing really important happens unless somebody (somewhere) makes money off of it.
4. The Super Rich even meet to discuss plan world events, but luckily for the rest of us, internal fighting keeps them from exercising absolute control.
5. The Super Rich conspire together to plan a One World Government ruled by them via multinational corporations with only superficial democratic influence.
Question: Who killed JFK?
1. Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Didn’t the Warren Commission prove this 40 years ago?
2. Sure, there might have been a conspiracy, just like in that Oliver Stone movie JFK. But that movie was so long ago that I forgot who they said was behind it. So what happened? I really don’t know.
3. There is some evidence of a cover-up: the “magic bullet” theory, for starters. And if Oswald acted alone, then why would there still be classified documents about the assassination even to this day?
4. LBJ and the CIA did it (or maybe Castro), but it was just an old-fashioned coup d’etat, nothing more sinister than that.
5. A conspiracy of international bankers controls the U.S. Federal Reserve, and They ordered JFK whacked because he began returning the U.S.A. to gold- and silver-backed money, instead of the fraudulent Federal Reserve Notes (“Dollars”) that They now print at will to control the boom/bust economic cycle.
Question: Did the U.S. really land men on the moon?
1. Of course the U.S. landed men on the moon in 1969. We have all seen the footage: “One small step for mankind.”
2. Well, maybe They touched up the footage a bit, but we still landed on the moon.
3. No the footage was just a movie (perhaps directed by the late, great Stanley Kubrick). If America could go on the moon thirty-five years ago, then why would NASA be planning to go back in 2018? Couldn’t they have kept just one Apollo spacecraft in working order?
4. The moon astronauts, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, are really Masons, and that’s why they were in on the plot to make a fake Moon-landing movie.
Question: Princess Diana died because:
1. Diana’s driver got drunk and had a car accident.
2. MI6 killed Diana for the royal family, who knew that she was pregnant, and feared that her possible marriage to Dodi would make him stepfather to the future king.
3.Princess Diana faked her death in order to escape the limelight of constant paparazzi harassment.
4. Princess Diana was killed by the Illuminati, who used ritualistic symbolism, such as crashing her car into the 13th pillar in the Pont D’Alma Tunnel in Paris.
Question: Did Bush steal the 2000 election?
1. Bush won, fair and square.
2. It was messy in Florida, but the U.S. Supreme Court ordered the recounting in Florida to stop, and justice was served.
3. Bush stole it: Katherine Harris, his Florida campaign manager, gave Bush Florida’s electoral votes under dubious circumstances; his brother, Jeb Bush, was governor and used his influence as well; thousands of blacks were illegally disenfranchised; and an independent media recount later concluded that Gore won Florida and the election.
4. Bush taking power was planned long before. The Bush Crime Family worked with the Clintons long ago to smuggle drugs into the country, and They just hand the presidency back and forth to each other like a trophy to continue the illusion that the U.S.A. is a democracy. Look out for Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton in 2008; it’s all part of the plot.
Question: What really happened on 9/11?
1. Everybody knows that Osama bin Laden orchestrated the 19 suicidal attackers to hi-jack four airplanes and slam them into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. (The Official Story).
2. I don’t know what really happened, and probably never will. The best you can say about the Bush administration is that they were incompetent. The Official Story is very problematic, and so there is at least evidence of a cover-up: Bush fought against any investigation into 9/11, and allowed very little money to be spent on the investigation. The U.S. Air force somehow allowed a plane to crash into the Pentagon more than 50 minutes after the first WTC attack.
3. Bush and Company knew in advance that the al-Qaeda attacks would take place, but allowed them to happen to rally America for the never-ending “War on Terror.” (They somehow knew that only the WTC and the Pentagon would be hit).
4. The Bush Administration planned and executed the 9/11 attacks. Their motive was consolidation of power, as well personal enrichment via no-bid war contracts (think Halliburton), and control of the Iraqi oil fields. They had the means (according to some experts the attacks were so sophisticated that they could only have been planned by state intelligence apparatus, not a man in a cave). The Bush administration was in a unique position to create an opportunity by ordering the “stand down” of the U.S. Air Force.
Question: Did Bush steal the 2004 election?
1. Bush won, fair and square.
2.It was messy in Ohio, but since Kerry didn’t contest it, and CNN said it was alright, justice was served.
3. Bush stole it: Ken Blackwell, Bush’s campaign manager in Ohio, gave Bush Ohio’s electoral votes for under dubious circumstances; votes were counted by Diebold and ES&S systems, which are Republican affiliated companies; Kerry won the always-reliable exit polls in both Ohio and Florida.
4. Bush winning this election was planned long before. The Bush Crime Family has worked with Kerry before, such as when the Kerry Commission (1987) white-washed the Iran-Contra investigation, and let Ollie North off the hook. Kerry’s conceding the election without a whimper is further proof that the election was only a show.
5. Bush and Kerry were in the secret society Skull and Bones together at Yale, and they’re probably in the Illuminati together, and they’re probably even related, like most U.S. Presidents really are. Look out for Hillary Clinton in 2008; it’s all part of the plot.
Question: Do aliens exist?
1. Nope. No aliens.
2. Yeah, maybe there are aliens. If so, the government hides the evidence from the people.
3. Yes, there are definitely aliens.
4. Yes, there are definitely aliens, and moreover They have probably been secretly running things here are on earth since the dawn of time.
Select the best explanation:
1. Airplane accidents just happen. If a lot of famous people have died in them, it’s probably just because they fly more often.
2. It’s probably conceivable that some minor airplane accidents have been caused by bad people for political gain, but how can you tell?
3. Paul Wellstone was the only Senator who stood in the way of Bush’s repressive domestic agenda (U.S. P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act), so They just had to whack him.
4. JFK, Jr. was set to run against either Hillary Clinton for New York Senator, or against Bush for President, when he died in a plane crash in August, 1999—so somebody whacked him.
Select the best description of the US media today:
1. We have a free press, an independent objective media that features an appropriate level of investigative journalism. The media does serve as a viable check on the power of the government.
2. There is some collusion between the Media and the Government, but the Media still acts independently.
3. The U.S. Media is effectively corporate controlled. Four companies control 90% of all media in the U.S., giving a handful of people (who all know each other), virtual veto power over what the people know and do not know.
4. The CIA effectively controls the News, and has ever since the 1950s. Operation Mockingbird was an early effort to place CIA operatives or assets into key positions in the media. As former CIA Director William Casey once bragged: “We own everyone of any consequence in the media.”
Question: The Democrats regained control of Congress in the November 2006 election because:
1. The Democrats won both houses of Congress fair and square. Like it or not, the system really works.
2. The Republicans did try to steal the election again, but it was such a Democratic landslide, that the Republicans were not able to steal it so blatantly.
3. The Republicans knew that the American people were very anti-war right during the 2006 election, so they are saving their crooked voting machines for the more important 2008 Presidential election.
4. It really doesn't make a damn bit of difference which party is in power. The Democrats, despite their rhetoric, are corrupt war-mongers just like the Republicans.
Question: Does the government have mind control techniques that are not widely known?
1. Mind Control? That’s strictly Hollywood, or in novels. Maybe hypnotism at a magic show is real.
2. The government once spent tax dollars on Mind Control, such as the CIA’s MK-Ultra program in the 1950s, but that’s all over now, thank goodness.
3. MK-Ultra was forty years ago, and so what the government is doing now must be even more frightening, whatever it may be.
4. Mind Control is now so refined that even famous stars from the movies and music industries (like Madonna), are really just mind controlled sex slaves, used as pawns by the Illuminati, both to influence society, and also for their own personal, sexual gratification.
5. Somebody, somewhere, could just throw a switch somewhere (perhaps affecting cellular phone towers), and we would all be mind-controlled. That’s why I usually wear this tin-foil hat.
Question: Which answer best describes the U.S. Dollar:
1. A dollar is a dollar is a dollar.
2. The Federal Reserve (“the Fed”) exercises great control over the money supply, and insiders can take advantage of this. What else is new?
3. The Federal Reserve Bank is not even part of the U.S. Government, but is a privately controlled bank, owned largely by rich families, such as the Rockefellers.
4. The Fed can create boom/bust cycles at will. Inflation represents the governing printing more money and issuing more credit. The elite are (as we speak) moving all of their money out of the dollar and into Euros, Swiss Francs, gold, land, and commodities before the soon-to-be-worthless dollar heads straight into the toilet.
XIV. America as Big Brother Society
Question: Is America (becoming) a Big Brother/1984/Orwellian state? (Orwellian states are very close to fascist states, but this question is more about the technological aspects of state control).
1. Everything is fine. What is the problem? Only hysterical liberals are concerned about civil liberties.
2. It’s a little unsettling that we are now under video surveillance pretty much everywhere we go, including on more and more highways and city streets. If I stopped to think about it, I’d also admit that pretty much everything we buy is tracked, that there is GPS chip in my car (if it is new-ish), and that computers really know everywhere I go.
3. I’ve read a bit about the plans to implant micro-chips into human beings, and that’s a bit scary.
4. America is already a Big Brother society in all essentials, and there is little we can do about it.
1. One World Government? It won't happen in my lifetime.
2. One World Government. It's bound to be embody the same democratic principles found in the U.S. today.
3. The United Nations is a stalking horse for One World Government. The plan is to use foreign troops, especially in America, since foreign troops will be willing to fire on innocent U.S. dissidents.
4. One World Government has been planned by Them for a long time, perhaps even for centuries. Technological advances have now put the dream within Their grasp.
Test Results: Am I a Conspiracy Theorist?
For paper test takers, add up all the numbers before you answers, and divide by the number of questions (15). The average answer is your result.
Evaluating Your Test Results
0 to 1. You are not a conspiracy theorist. Most likely your watch Fox News or CNN, and feel you are an informed citizen. You did not even answer all the questions, showing you have little time for conspiracy theories.
1 to 2. You are not a conspiracy theorist. You have probably read a few stories from the alternative press, or seen the occasional hard-hitting 60 Minutes segment, and been angered by them, but you will never do anything about it.
2 to 3. Borderline case. You have an interest in alternative explanations for historic events. You are certainly out of the mainstream, but it is still a free country, right?.
3 to 4. Conspiracy Theorist! You actual prefer a conspiracy theory to any mainstream explanation. For you, the MSM (mainstream media) is mainly disinformation. You read way too much internet “news.” Try to go outside a little more.
4+. Conspiracy Theorist Plus! Bona fide tinfoil hat wearer. You live in paranoid fear of the Bush Administration and U.S. Government. You are attracted to comprehensive conspiracy theories that explain the brutality of the world we live in.